Sunday and Wednesday Schedules
- SUNDAY A.M.
- 8:15 am - (birth - 4 yrs) Worship Care
- 9:30 am - (birth - 4 yrs) Sunday School
- 10:45 am - (birth - 4 yrs) Worship Care
- SUNDAY P.M.
- 6:00 pm - (birth - 2) Nursery
- 6:00 pm - (3 yrs - 4rs) Cherub Choir
- WEDNESDAY P.M.
- 6:00 pm - (birth - 2) Nursery
- 6:00 pm - (3 yrs-4 yrs) AWANA
Friendly Avenue offers a Sunday School class that infants and preschoolers can attend. Have your child(ren) join us Sunday mornings for a great time of fellowship and Bible study. All Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers are to be checked in at the Welcome Desk in the Preschool Department. On Sunday evenings, we offer nursery care for children birth through 2 years old and choir for children 3-4 years old. On Wednesday evenings, we offer nursery care for children birth through 2 years old and Awana for children 3-4 years old.
The Gospel Project for Kids is a Christ-centered Bible study that follows a chronological timeline of Bible events — presenting the story of redemption through Jesus like kids have never seen it before! Each week, these stories come to life through video, music, activities, and more. Children ages 2 and up participate in this exciting Sunday School curriculum. Children ages birth up to 2 are cared for by dedicated volunteers and workers.
Sundays @ 6:00 p.m.
- Nursery Care is available for children ages birth- 2 years old during this evening discipleship time.
- Cherub Choir is available for children ages 3-4 years during this evening discipleship time.
Wednesdays @ 6:20 p.m.
- Nursery care is available for children ages birth-2 years old during our Awana program time.
- Children ages 3-4 years old may participate in our Awana program.
For more information on AWANA, please click here.
Our Goal for the Preschool Ministry
The goal of the Nursery/Preschool Department at Friendly Avenue Baptist Church is to provide safe, comprehensive child care and Christian discipleship for children and their families in order to bring them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Objectives are to encourage children to:
- Feel cared for and secure
- Begin to understand Jesus’ love and teachings
- Develop small and large motor skills
- Learn songs and Bible stories and to apply Bible teaching to their lives as they age
- Enjoy and achieve success in learning
- Learn through play
- Express themselves creatively through language, poetry, movement, art, and music
- Appreciate beauty and gain awareness of God’s world
- Work and play cooperatively with others.
Receiving and Dismissal of Children
Procedures for receiving and dismissal of children follow:
- Visiting and member preschoolers should register at the Preschool Welcome Center. Parents must indicate the class/worship service in which they can be located in case of emergency. At check-in, parents and children are given corresponding identification tags. Parents must leave a mobile phone number to be reached in the case of an emergency. (Adults picking up children must be on the child’s registration form as approved to pick up children.)
- Parents of babies are asked to complete a special information sheet on the first visit. These sheets are designed to aid teachers and other caregivers in knowing the child’s habits, allergies, sleep and eating patterns.
- Preschoolers may be received as early as 10 minutes before each session, and should be picked up immediately following a church function. Preschoolers are easily upset when they are the last ones in the room. Parents will be contacted by phone if necessary.
- A child should not be left in a preschool room unless a caregiver is present. If you arrive before the teachers or other caregivers, please remain with your preschooler until a caregiver arrives and is ready to receive your child. Two workers should be present in each preschool classroom.
- Following an event or service, identification tags should be returned in order to retrieve children. In an effort to eliminate confusion and crowding, it will be appreciated if only one or two parents or guardians come to pick up a child – and not the whole family.
Parents of preschoolers under age 2 may provide filled plastic bottles or cups labeled with the child’s name. A refrigerator is available for chilling. We will provide any snacks needed for preschoolers ages 2 and up. Snacks and food activities are a common occurrence in the Preschool Department.
If your child has any food allergies, please notify his/her teacher as well as the Children's Ministry Director at the Welcome Center. Because of the prevalence of peanut allergies, we maintain a peanut-free environment. For this reason, please do not allow your child to bring peanuts or products manufactured in a peanut processing unit.
Amenities for Nursing Mothers
Nursing mothers may use the room adjoining the nursery. Rockers and comfortable chairs are available there.
For your peace of mind...
We go to great lengths to make sure your child is in a safe and productive environment. All nursery/preschool volunteers complete a background check before being allowed to serve and receive training on how to best care for our youngest children.
Want to know more?
Shelby Hallquist (336) 292-3567, ext. 311